CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

5 Excuses

 So. I've been slacking.
 I know, I know. I could schedule posts in advance. But I'm not a planner. I'm the person who realizes they needed to be somewhere two hours ago and is still sitting on their bed, cruising tumblr. Anyway, I'm slacking off right now, mainly because it's February, I'm sick, and I just really, really need a break.
 Don't get me wrong, I adore blogging, but I feel like I've been plowing through my work so fast that I;m not enjoying it. So I'm slowing down a bit. Posting will be back at a steady pace very soon, but I need a few more days to be a useless human being.
 So, the five out of many excuses I have been telling myself and others include:

 1. I'M BUSY. No, not really. I'm actually just really good at procrastinating, so the work keeps piling up and up, but I'm really only busy thinking about how busy I am.

 2. I HAVE A LOT ON MY MIND. Read number one. I have a lot on my mind because I' thinking a lot about how I don't want to do anything.

 3. I JUST NEED A BREAK. This one is actually true. I've worked really hard all year, and now I just need some time to return to my room and lay on my bed all day without thinking about anything.

 4. THE INTERNET IS SHINY AND I WANT TO TOUCH IT. Once again, very true. I've recently discovered the majesty that is tumbr and can't seem to not be on tumblr. Now every time I see something funny, I immediately scream that it should be a GIF.

 5. MY BRAIN IS REALLY SCARED AND NEEDS TO SLEEP. Obviously, I'm going crazy. I need a vacation, or possibly a cloak of invisibility so that I can hide in my basement peacefully.

 So. I promise to return to blogging soon. Don't expect anything big for the next few days. In the meantime, you can look at this picture I drew for you.

My current train of thought, apparently.

1 Comments:

Katie (The Literary Files)

Aww I'm sorry you're going through a lot right now! I used to feel like I had to post everyday, but like you, I had trouble enjoying it because I was just cranking out posts way too fast. Just take all the time you need to relax and drink some yummy hot chocolate! We'll all be here when you get back! :)

Post a Comment

I love comments! They let me know that someone here on planet Earth actually reads this stuff.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...