CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Re-reading

 I don't often re-read books. I know some people who say they can't re-read books, at all. When I re-read, it's always a book that I found particularly wonderful and whose world I can't wait to return to. Heck, sometimes I don't even know why I pick books back up. Below is a list compiled of the books I have re-read most often.

  To Kill A Mockingbird  by Harper Lee

 I love everything about this book. It is one of my all-time favorites. I love Scout's voice, still a kid. Atticus is one of my favorite characters. I like the fact that the main plot is sewn through the book, while most of the book focuses on Scout's life, just as it would be if a child was telling you this story. While that would bug the crap out of me in any other book, it fits seamlessly into this wonderful piece of literature.

 This book isn't for everyone. Most kids my age complain that it's boring, or that they don't get the meaning. However, I think this book perfectly portrays human nature and what comes with it.



Percy Jackson and The Olympians: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

 I adore all of Rick Riordan's books, but this is definitely my favorite, probably because this is the book where it all began.I love Greek mythology and I love boys who wield swords, so naturally, I love this book. It's also kind of refreshing to read middle grade books every once in a while.

 I can't really describe to you why I love this book. It's just one of those books that draws you into it, with it's wonderful characters and entertaining world.



Distant Waves by Suzanne Weyn
 I have always found the event of the Titanic a heart breaking yet captivating one. When I first saw this book, I knew immediately that I wanted to read it. Since then, I've read it multiple times and enjoyed every second of the re-reading. It takes place in my favorite time era, I learned about a billion things that I hadn't known before, and the characters are absolutely swoon worthy.

 I love Jane's (the main character) voice, and, of course, the love interest, Thad. Romance has a lot to do with this book, and it's beautifully done. The rest of the characters are all wonderfully diverse and interesting.





Wither by Lauren DeStefano

 *sigh* This book is so stunningly elegant and beautiful. It's like nothing else I've ever read before in the way that it makes me feel like the world is absolutely real. The story is electric, with labyrinth like turns and twists. I fell in love with this book the first time I read it, and even more so the second, and third. This will be a book that I know I will enjoy for years and years to come.

 The supporting character's found in this book are all wonderfully wrought. There is no black and white in your feelings for them. You find yourself both loving and despising Cecily, the young and overeager sister wife to Rhine. Loving Linden and sort of hating yourself for it. And you find yourself absolutely disgusted with Housemaster Vaughn, the twisted doctor who will stop at nothing.


So, do you re-read books? If so, what calls you to them? The world, the characters, or even the writing style? Let me know!


1 Comments:

Katie (The Literary Files)

YAY! Riley's back!!! :D
I can't believe I've never heard of Distant Waves, I'm in love with the story of Titanic and time era too! OMG Wither is definitely one I'd love to reread too! :)
L-O-V-E the new design by the way, so pretty!! <3

Post a Comment

I love comments! They let me know that someone here on planet Earth actually reads this stuff.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...