CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Review: Darkness Becomes Her

 Darkness Becomes Her- Kelley Keaton

5/5 Stars

 (Amazon , Goodreads)

  • Reading level: Young Adult
  • Hardcover: 288 pages
  • Publisher: Simon Pulse (February 22, 2011)
Ari can’t help feeling lost and alone. With teal eyes and freakish silver hair that can’t be changed or destroyed, Ari has always stood out. And after growing up in foster care, she longs for some understanding of where she came from and who she is. Her search for answers uncovers just one message from her long dead mother: Run. Ari can sense that someone, or something, is getting closer than they should. But it’s impossible to protect herself when she doesn’t know what she’s running from or why she is being pursued.
She knows only one thing: she must return to her birthplace of New 2, the lush rebuilt city of New Orleans. Upon arriving, she discovers that New 2 is very...different. Here, Ari is seemingly normal. But every creature she encounters, no matter how deadly or horrifying, is afraid of her.
Ari won’t stop until she knows why. But some truths are too haunting, too terrifying, to ever be revealed.


 I loved this book. Seriously. I read it in five hours. I woke up at seven, grabbed it off my shelf, and was finished by eleven. And it left me breathless. I adore, love, ect. Greek mythology. And you mix mythology with Vampires, Witches, and Demigods? *Dies* .
  And the setting couldn't have been more perfect. I love New Orleans, and I've wanted to go there practically my whole life. It's got so much history, you could pick up a rock on the side of the road and even it's story would be fascinating. I love the new take on it- New 2. It's like New Orleans, only mix in some kick butt paranormal stuff.
 The characters are all really well developed. Ari, the MC, is wonderfully bad ass, but she can be little mean. But this is coming from me, the girl who is always shy and quiet all the time. So, I kind of give Ari points for not being afraid to tell it like it is. And three words for Sebastian, the loovveee interest, are these: Tall, Dark, and Brooding. Can you say, sexy beast?
 I love all the other kids, but I have to say that Violet is definitely my favorite character in the whole book. She's so sweet, smart, and mature. She sees past all the barriers. Violet is just special- one of the characters you automatically fall in love with and wish that they were real.
 Overall, this story was fascinating, action packed, and had an amazing romance. I can't wait for the next book. I highly recommend this book if you haven't read it. You totally should.
     
Skittles and Lemonade,
      Riley:D

1 Comments:

Paranormal Night Owls

Great book review, Riley! :D I'm thinking about ordering this novel since it sounds so amazing.

Post a Comment

I love comments! They let me know that someone here on planet Earth actually reads this stuff.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...