CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Review: Beastly

Beastly- Alex Finn

 5/5 Stars


Reading level: Young Adult
Paperback: 336 pages
Publisher: HarperTeen; Revised edition (February 8, 2011)

 I am a beast.
A beast!
Not quite wolf or bear, gorilla or dog but a horrible new creature who walks upright. I am a monster.
You think I'm talking fairy tales? No way. The place is New York City. The time is now. It's no deformity, no disease. And I'll, stay this way forever ruined unless I can break the spell.
Yes, the spell, the one the witch in my English class cast on me. Why did she turn me into a beast who hides by day and prowls by night? I'll tell you. I'll tell you how I used to be Kyle Kingsbury, the guy you wished you were, with money, perfect looks, and the perfect life. And then, I'll tell you how I became perfectly...beastly.

 I read this book in a day, and had to do my homework at 5 that morning. But, let me tell you, it was worth it! At first I was kind of iffy about reading a book from a stuck-up guys point of view, but once I opened it, Kyle wasn't that brand of stuck-up I though he would be. I guess a...... likable stuck up, if you knew him really well.
 It really grabs you, I think. I couldn't put it down, no matter how much I attempted to talk myself into it. Kyle really believes that ugly people are a nuisance- and his dad is much worse.
 His dad is vile. He never pays attention to Kyle, and likes to think that ugly people should just go die, even if they can't help it. I was honestly not surprised when he gave up on Kyle. A jerk like that isn't capable of love- except for himself.  Also, I love the tie ins of the fairytales! Absolutely brilliant and creative. The chats Kyle does with the other 'monsters' are great. I love Kyle's rose garden, I love Will, heck, I even love Pilot (Will's seeing-eye dog).
 And I almost forgot, Kendra, the witch. Her character is wonderful-  the foreshadowing from her in the beginning is part of what makes this book so alluring. After her character really starts to develop you start to admire her, even after what she did to Kyle.
 So, that's pretty much it. I'm kind of late on this, so you might have already read it, but if you haven't, go do it now! It's an awesome book to curl up with. I can't wait to read some more from Alex Finn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They let me know that someone here on planet Earth actually reads this stuff.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...