CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Snotty Tissues and Barfy Feet

Sorry for the unapetising name, but thats kind of my week in a summary. Friday night I got sick, and have used abouit thirty thousand tissues. Saturday night I went to bed with my Jack Russell, Hally. She is a good dog most of the time, and doesn't mess things up or chew things up in my room, so I let her sleep in the bed with me.
 But Satrday night, I woke up with a raging fever, but for some reasen, my feet were freezing. I had my fan on, and my feet were poking out from under the covers so I figured that was it. But when I tried to pull my feet in and heard the shuuuiiiish, I knew what had happened. First I gagged, next I dizzily nudned my blaket off me and removed my feet from the barf as soon as possible. I waddled on my heels to mt bathroom and to a fifty minute shower (I usually take about 40 mins, because I'm a total eco nut, note sarcasm). I think My Aunt was a littled peeved when I woke her up with my soppy hair, runny nose, and chewed and chapped up lips, but I used the whole big-brown-puppy-dog eyes thing, and she helped me clean up my matress. Thankfully, we have a thin plastic cover under the eggshell, matress pad, and sheets, so the whole bed was ruined, but at three in the morning the last thing you want to do is laundry.
 I had to sleep on the couch with both our dogs, simply because Hally thinks I'm her sole property and Zoey, our other dog, likes to lick me which is uber disgusting. I woke with Hally on my stomach and with Zoey gnawing on my toe, a splitting headache, and a useless nose.
 So, as you can tell, it hasn't been a good week. But!
 I bought Matched by Ally Condie, Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink, and.......a book I have been waiting for my entire being: Across The Universe  by the awesome Beth Revis.
 TRICK TO GET BOOKS IF ALL YOU HAVE IS PARENTS WITH MONEY BUT USUALLY MAKE YOU SAVE UP:
 1. Persuade to get one book, prefferably a small cheap one that you would enjoy but not the one you really want. This may only work if you have not asked for anything the entire month.
2. Afterwards, bring up book you REALLY want. Mention how you think the cover is amazing if it is. Point out something else admirable about it if this is not it's strong point. Then say how long you have wanted this book. If it's a new release, most parent won't know that. And you can always point out you can look at summarys on amazon long before the book comes out. Pile on great things about this book.
 3. To lay on the trap, say, "But you've already spent too much money one me today, so don't worry about it. I don't want you guys to spend so much on me. I'm not worth it." They get these big, sad eyes and say, "Don't you dare think that! You are the sweetest person I know. Get yourself that book." You look at them through you lashes sheepishly. "Are you sure?" They nod, you get the book, and all is well.
 DISCLAIMER: This may not work on all parents.

 Skittles and Lemonade,
       Riley:D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They let me know that someone here on planet Earth actually reads this stuff.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...